Vegan, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Waffle Recipe
Cozy sweaters are out and the leaves are falling. It's definitely fall, ya'll! With fall comes one of the most controversial flavor profiles of our modern day: pumpkin spice. If you already love pumpkin spice, prepare to fall even more in love. And if you haven't quite warmed up to it yet, GET READY because this vegan, gluten-free pumpkin spice waffle is about to change the pumpkin spice game. This recipe has all of the comfort and warmth you could want from a seasonal waffle, without any of the guilt. If you're feeling adventurous, try it out in a mini waffle maker (the added cuteness factor is well worth it).
1½ cups Ferris raw almonds
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
1 small very ripe banana, mashed
½ cup pumpkin puree
1 TBS agave nectar or maple syrup
1 cup almond milk
2 TBS coconut oil
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 TBS Ferris Dried Cranberries*
Ferris roasted No Salt Pecans*; to garnish
1. To make almond flour: Place almonds in food processor. Pulse until you reach flour-like consistency and then sift into bowl.
2. Combine all dry ingredients together in bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients to bowl and mix until incorporated.
4. Mix in dried cranberries.
5. Let batter rest for 10-15 minutes. Preheat your waffle iron while you wait!
6. Using a ½ cup measuring cup, scoop batter into waffle maker. Close and let cook until the steam has completely finished rising from waffle maker.
7. Remove from waffle maker and serve with maple syrup and roasted pecans.
*While these items are currently not available online, you can find them in our retail store!