4 Ways to Get Creative with Cherries Berries & Nuts
We all have our go-to favorites. You know, classic standby foods that you just can't live without. One of ours (and a definite crowd-pleaser) is Roasted + Salted Cherries Berries & Nuts. This mix is salty/sweet heaven, featuring: dried cranberries and cherries with almonds, pecans, and cashews. This month we felt inspired to try using this product in a new way! It's delicious on its own (obviously) and it can make a great topping for salads and oatmeal... but we wanted to step outside of the box a little and try something new. So grab yourself a bag of Cherries Berries & Nuts and get cookin'!
1. DIY Granola Bars
Making homemade granola bars is easy and saves you from the processed (and over-sugared) ingredients you might find in a store-bought bar. We like to keep it simple with this go-to formula:
⅛ cup syrup (maple/agave/honey)
⅛ cup nut butter
½ cup Ferris Cherries Berries & Nuts
½ cup dates
¾ cup rolled oats
This recipe allows for some mixing and matching. We like using maple syrup and peanut butter for our bars, but you can choose whatever works best for you!
- Pulse dates in food processor until they are in small bits.
- Mix Cherries Berries & Nuts, dates, and oats in a large bowl.
- Warm syrup and nut butter in microwave until melted. Stir, pour over oat mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Line baking pan with parchment paper and transfer mixture into pan. The size of the pan will determine the thickness of the bars, so choose what works best for you (we recommend an 8x8 pan). Press down and flatten mixture to ensure bars will be compact and stay together.
- Cover pan with fitted lid or plastic wrap and put in freezer for 30 minutes. Remove the pan and cut into 5 even bars.
This recipe yields 5 rectangular granola bars. Bars are best kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days but can last up to 2 weeks in freezer (for peak freshness).
2. Chicken Salad
The perfect chicken salad, in our opinion, has to have it all: creaminess, a distinct crunch, and a pleasant sweetness amidst savory chicken. The addition of Cherries Berries & Nuts brings a variety of crunch from the nuts and a touch of sweetness from the dried fruits that can enhance any chicken salad. So try it out yourself by adding some Cherries Berries & Nuts to your classic chicken salad recipe!
3. Oatmeal Cookies
Looking for a healthy take on a sweet classic? Try mixing some Cherries Berries & Nuts into your oatmeal cookie batter! Go the extra healthy mile and try substituting honey for sugar and whole wheat flour for white flour and you’ve got yourself one healthy and delicious cookie.
4. Goat Cheese Log
You've got friends coming over and you need a ~classy~ yet quick appetizer to throw together on the fly. Look no further than a rolled goat cheese log! The steps are pretty simple:
- Get a log of goat cheese .
- Roll it in Cherries Berries & Nuts.
- Drizzle on some honey and serve with crackers.
- Celebrate being the best host EVER.
If you're feeling as inspired as we are by Cherries Berries & Nuts, share some of your recipe ideas with us!
Facebook—Ferris Coffee & Nut