There is nothing that can beat the first sip of coffee in the morning. Being a coffee lover, I crave my morning coffee more than anything else. I can honestly say if I had to choose between a cup of coffee or a delicious breakfast treat, I would choose the coffee.
Recipe creation and blog writing by: Ally Tjoelker
But thanks to Ferris Coffee, I really don't need to choose! Thanks to Ferris Coffee's wide assortment of coffee beans and nuts, you can have a cup of coffee & enjoy this delicious Caramel Walnut Coffee Cake Scones.
The recipe is super simple, easy to make and is more moist than your average scone. Our recipe uses gluten-free flour, but feel free to use all-purpose flour. Be sure to check out my blog allysglutenfreekitchen.com for more easy and fun recipes.
Alright, here is what you'll need:
For the scones:
For the caramel sauce:
- 1C brown sugar
- 6 TBS butter
- 1/2C heavy cream
How to make the Caramel Walnut Coffee Cake Scones
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the flour, salt, baking powder, white and brown sugar.
- Cut in the butter using your hands.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, heavy cream, coffee, and vanilla.
- Add wet to dry and mix together well to form a sticky dough.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Set out a square piece of plastic wrap on the counter. Place the dough on the center of the plastic and form it into a disk.
- Wrap the dough with the plastic wrap in a disk shape and place it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the caramel sauce. Add the butter and brown sugar to a saucepan on the stovetop on medium heat.
- Allow the butter to melt and whisk the brown sugar and butter together. Pour in the heavy cream and whisk together.
- Allow the caramel to come to a small, soft boil then remove from heat and pour into a glass container to set in the fridge.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Cut the disk into 8 equal pie-shaped pieces and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven at 350.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Top with caramel sauce and enjoy!