Warm weather in summer is hard to beat and those of us who love to bake find it hard to resist the temptation of creating sweets in the kitchen. Lucky for us, this Cold Brew Pie Bar nixes the oven all-together and results in a mouthwatering dessert that beats the heat!
Nitro Cold Brew can be quite refreshing as you pop open a can and hear the hissss of nitrogen being burst into that sweet, sweet caffeinated drink. The boost of concentrated coffee in a Nitro can will kickstart you into creating this delicious pie bar, curated by Ally's Gluten Free Kitchen.
Ingredients:1 package of chocolate sandwich cookies6 tablespoons butter, melted3/4 cup heavy cream1 package vanilla pudding mix1 cup Ferris Cold Brew Coffee1 package of chocolate frosting1 packet of Ferris Dark Chocolate Espresso Beanssprinkles for serving
- Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Start by making the crust. Add the chocolate sandwich cookies to a food processor and process until they are crumbled or a sand-like consistency. If you don't have a food processor, add the cookies to a large plastic bag and use a rolling pin to smash the cookies and break them into crumbles.
- Pour the pieces of chocolate cookies into a medium size bowl. Add the melted butter and mix the butter into the cookie crumbles.
- Transfer the cookie and butter crumbles into the baking pan and use your fingers to spread the crust out evenly and press it into the bottom of the pan.
- Place the baking pan with the crust in the fridge to chill.
- Pour 1/2 cup heavy cream into a large bowl. Use a hand mixer to beat the cream on medium speed until it turns to whipped cream. This can take 5-10 minutes.
- When the cream is whipped, add the package of vanilla pudding mix, remaining 1/4 cup heavy cream and Ferris Coffee Cold Brew Coffee to the bowl and mix everything together with the hand mixer.
- Remove the pan with the cookie crust from the fridge.
- Pour the whipped cold brew mixture over the crust and use a silicone spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Place the pan back in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hours.
- When the pie bars have chilled, remove the pan from the fridge and decorate the bars with chocolate frosting, Ferris Coffee Dark Chocolate covered Espresso Beans and chocolate sprinkles.
- Cut into 12-16 bars and enjoy!
About Ally's Gluten Free Kitchen
I am the recipe developer, photographer, and writer for Ally’s Gluten-Free Kitchen. Here you will find all of my favorite gluten-free recipes.
My goal is to make eating gluten-free way easier and to share deliciously easy gluten-free recipes anyone can make and enjoy!
I’m your new go-to gluten-free gal & you can count on me to help make your gluten-free journey deliciously easy!
I have always loved cooking and spending time in the kitchen and really started experimenting with my own recipes in college. My husband and brother-in-love are both gluten-free and their biggest complaint is that gluten-free is dry and has a weird texture. So when I graduated Nursing school in 2020, I made it my mission to make gluten-free recipes that you can’t tell are gluten-free.
Each recipe I share is taste-tested by my husband, and trust me – he is 100% honest with his feedback. If he thinks the brownies are too dry, it’s back to the drawing board. The only recipes that make it on the blog are ones that pass through his critique. And trust me, he doesn’t go easy one me!