Update June 11, 2020
One step closer to normalcy, we are opening our cafés for sit-in service. Beginning June 15th, customers will be invited to enjoy their drinks and snacks while lounging in our shops again. While West Side and Holland have been operating for take-out for a couple weeks now, we are so excited to be serving you and hanging out again.
Notes about shops opening:
- Masks are still required upon entering
- Masks may be removed when sitting at your area
- Limited, space-out seating
- Limited hours will continue
Find a café near you on our locations page here.
Update May 29, 2020
We've been so appreciative of all the patience our customers have given us during this time. As things have developed over time, it has been a learning curve for so many on how to adjust to the pandemic. But we are finally onto some good news!
We are happy to announce that we are beginning the process of opening our cafés. While everything is not back to complete normally, we hope that these steps will get us there! Here's the deets:
- West Side and Holland cafés will open TUESDAY JUNE 2nd
- Limited Hours: Tuesday - Friday 7:30am - 1:00pm, Saturday 8:00am - 2:00pm
- Closed Sundays & Mondays
- Orders are for pick up and to go only
- Limited menu. In addition to drinks, we will carry Sweetbatches and have an assortment of whole bean and retail items.
For the safety of our employees, we are requiring customers to wear a mask when they are in our store - we will have disposables available for anyone who does not have one.
Online ordering is available and payment is accepted ahead of time for this for a contactless transactions: https://ferris-coffee-nut-co.square.site/
UPDATE APRIL 10, 2020
Beginning Monday April 13th, we are implementing new safety protocols for our facility. It seems like new updates, laws, and recommendations come out every day and it can be difficult just to keep up. That said, the team is constantly researching, discussing, and adapting to new safety guidelines as they are released by the CDC to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our employees. In light of recent guidelines, we are providing the following for employees:
- Face Masks: Ferris will provide all on-site employees with re-suable face masks and also have disposable ones available. Employees can also bring their own approved face masks to wear.
- Plastic Face Shields: For an added level of personal comfort and safety, we will also provide shields to employees.
- Pre-Scans: Upon entering the building at any time, all employees will have their temperature scanned prior to being allowed to continue inside the building. Employees will also be asked to verify that they are not exhibiting symptoms via a brief checklist at the entrance.
While this is definitely a challenge, it is also part of the responsibility that we have as workers in the food industry, and our work is necessary to continue to serve our customers and our communities. We hope the safety measures detailed above will provide additional peace of mind while you shop with us and we want to take the time to also thank you all for your support.
UPDATE APRIL 6, 2020
- Shop online with us! Our e-commerce store remains open with FREE shipping. We roast your coffee to order and have plenty of long-lasting snacks in varying sizes available for purchase. Send a gift to a loved one your thinking about or get yourself some good coffee for home brewing.
- We are here to help! We will continue to assist you in orders and other customer service needs. Easily email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to email@example.com for order updates. Drop us a line at 616-459-6257 or reach our retail staff at 616-459-6257.
We thank you for your patience and understanding during this extraordinary time. Please continue to follow federal, state, and local guidelines for remaining safe and healthy.
UPDATE MARCH 23, 2020
UPDATE MARCH 16, 2020
MARCH 12, 2020
With the ongoing news and developments concerning coronavirus (COVID-19), we at Ferris Coffee & Nut Co. are taking our role and responsibilities seriously.
As a café and store, we are a communal place of refuge, a place to gather and enjoy sips of coffee. In an effort to take precautionary steps, we are following the CDC and local health authorities guidelines in order to protect you and our staff and to reduce the risk of exposure at our locations. These measures include:
- A temporary hold on serving drinks in customers' own reusable drink ware. Brew Crew will still receive their discounts.
- Removing condiment areas from cafés. Baristas can add milk, creamers, and sugars for customers. Disposable packets will be available for customers as well.
- Assisting customers at our Seward shop with our Bulk Section.
- Heightened cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- Case-by-case cancellation of Ferris events and tastings
We are closely monitoring this situation and taking proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of our community and understand you are placing trust in us to keep you safe. Cafés will remain open for normal hours and our online shop is always open for you to stock up on all your needs.